Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Friends

 When I was a kid I had a collection of short stories that I really liked.  I Wish to God that I could remember what it was called or even the name of one of the stories in it.  I could go into relatively great detail (relatively for a memory that is 20 or so years old) about the stories themselves and can still remember many many of the illustrations, but alas, I'm not sure it would be enough to find the book.  There was a story about a couch that was really a fat man, a story about a girl who held up a blue scrap of fabric to a rainy sky to make a patch of blue, which I think may have been the name of that story.  There was a story about a wizard, one about a kite...  One of the stories was about "people" who were household objects...wooden spoons, clothespins, stuff like that.  I can still see the clothespin family in my mind and had always wanted to have them.  So, recently for a project to do during a Ladies Craft Night, I made some! (For Athena, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment